Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is not path and leave a trail. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
The Emmett Till Laws
Cultural Disparities Campaign
Campaign for Social Justice
Partnerships with Business, Government & Community
Our Newburgh CCIP (SNUG) Team is active!
The Latest News
Life Stations Welcomes
Howard University student and former director for The Center of Hope in Newburgh, New York, Rasheda Worth joins Life Stations Centers of Excellence as the Director of Programs. With more than 15 years experience in urban ministry and service, Rasheda leads the effort in implementing our strategies in The CCIP Team, Flo's Place, Bridging the Gap and Civic Engagement for Voter Registration.
Our Centers of Excellence are launching innovative new programs and expanding from Newburgh to Canton, Illinois and Iowa.
Our Mission. Our Goals. Our Committment to Excellence.
Our philosophy of “operational excellence” drives total commitment to our communities and leads to exceptional standards."
Life Stations Centers of Excellence has a primary mission to improve the quality of life for black men and their families by putting an end to the high rates of unemployment and poverty in urban communities, excessive incarceration, violence, premature death and substandard living conditions, ensuring that each has the right to survival, protection, growth and involvement.
Our specific objectives are:
1. lower the unemployment rate among black men by at least 35% overall
2. reduce the number of dilapidated properties in urban communities by 50%
3. positively influence the public perception of black men and their families
4. improve the health, wellness and nutritional awareness of families
5. Help to improve self esteem and prepare families for active parenting
6. reduce the incidents of police brutality and improve relationships on both sides
7. advocate for legislation that punishes wrongful death of black men
8. eradicate excessive incarceration for victimless crimes and first time offenders